Friday, September 16, 2011

My Date with Ikea!

Last Wednesday, I met some of my Mommy friends for an Ikea play date. We dropped some of the kids off at the play center where you can leave them for an hour to go crazy and play while you shop. Of course, my child with her separation anxiety would not set foot in there, but the other kids had fun! So, I have seen some great ideas online and I love Ikea Hackers to find new ideas with the same old Ikea pieces. I thought I'd share my projects I completed and my purchases from my date with Ikea.


First, and my favorite! I picked up some plastic stools ($7.99 each) and used an Ikea side table (also $7.99) a friend gave me to make Lily a tea table for her room, and she LOVES it. It provokes her imagination and I already caught her having a tea party with Mawna, the bear! I covered the top of the end table in a durable fabric, cupcake print of course and it is the perfect accessory to a little girl's room.






My next Ikea inspiration came with the use of spice racks, spice racks for book shelves! Who would have thought??? I feel like half of our books go unread because they sit in a conventional book shelf and we just read the sames ones over and over again. I saw this idea and had to copy it. I'll switch out the books based on the seasons, occasions, relevant event, etc. and keep books for easy viewing! I painted the bottom of the spice racks in some matching colors to Lily's room too! You can't beat $3.99 a piece.

My last purchase wasn't anything creative, but I saw this adorable frog prince hanging baskets and had to have it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, but I go to eliminate the tub of Barbies in her room and now they are easy to access and even easier to clean up!

I hope you enjoyed my date with Ikea! I will be going back soon, once I find a place for my new round of inspiration, ha. <3 Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails