Sunday, January 22, 2012

Amanda's Twinkie Baby Shower

When Amanda's best friend Natalie asked if I would help her host Amanda's baby shower, I was so excited (and honored!). I've never had a friend have twins, and have never been to a twins shower so it was a whole new ball game to add to my portfolio of the 2 dozen showers I've thrown, ha. Amanda and I have lived across the street from each other for almost 4 years, and after it took her a year to actually talk to me, we've been great friends ever since. Amanda has 2 wonderful boys and our kids love to play with each other. Amanda took her one last shot for a girl when they decided to try for their 3rd baby and they were blessed with TWINS! God just thought they needed 4 kids instead of 3. It was definitely meant to be, twins don't run in her side of the family, no fertility drugs or anything and now in just a couple weeks Harper & Spencer will be here, and yes Amanda is finally getting her girl! :) Amanda is so creative and for the twins' room she is using bright yellows, turquoise, bright blues & bright pink. It all looks amazing, her Mom is making custom bedding for the twins and it is definitely going to look like a room that belongs in a magazine! Natalie & I decided we'd stick with her theme colors for the shower (as they incorporate a boy and a girl so well) and we created this "bohemian carnival" feel. At least that is the best term I could come up with to describe it. I was able to find some great contemporary fabrics and sew a fabric pendant banner, I just love how this turned out. It is such a great memento too, not only could Amanda use it in the nursery if she chooses, but she can save it and use it at the twins' future birthday parties. I think I'll be making one of these for Trevor's upcoming birthday! I also used my best friend (the cricut) to create some adorable banners & paper mobiles with cardstock & scrapbook paper. I had my first attempt at making pom poms too! There is definitely a learning curve with these things and I felt like I was improving as I made more of them, they are definitely a cheap and easy idea for add decor. Check out my decorations and congrats again to Amanda & her family! Oh, and just in case you didn't see their gender reveal, I included that video as well. Soo cute!



oh, and my cute frame I made for a door sign!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails